fredag 16 december 2011

Five Minute Friday: Connected


Deep inside I KNOW!

Reading every wise quote and beautifully printed poster with devices for human hearts … I KNOW!


My faith tells me … my heart knows … and yet … 

I get angry at stupid things. I pick up the rock of resentment and carry it with me, wanting to throw it at the one who made me SO upset …

I make my hand into a fist, deep inside my pocket, when life’s unfairness puts me out of balance …

I fall into the pit of slander, telling myself ‘it is good to let out steam’ …

WHY? I know right from wrong. I DO! 

My head and my heart is NOT connected at all times, I know that … But why do I let myself be disconnected from my own believes?

I can, obviously, not handle life too well on my own … But my pompous self thinks I do!


Note to self: STAY CONNECTED WITH GOD!


    Write for 5 minutes flat – 
    no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.


3 kommentarer:

  1. I love your take on this. There are so many times my head and my heart are not connected as well.

    SvaraRadera
  2. So true.. and what a vivid description! The use of the word pompous to describe ourselves as we try and live independent of God is perfect!

    Blessings!

    SvaraRadera
  3. "Note to self: STAY CONNECTED WITH GOD!"
    Best thing ever said.

    Thank you for the share =)

    SvaraRadera