måndag 5 september 2011

Continuing my Eὐχαριστέω - Multitudes on mondays


Waiting.

Being able to handle waiting is good? Necessary even? I’m, really, not good at waiting. It makes my whole being squirmy, inside AND out. Mostly, I think, coz I start reflecting on WHY I don’t like to wait … Impatience. .. Impatience is NOT a virtue.

The other day I was waiting.
I took my partners car to the mechanics.
I had an appointment even (well, truthfully, the CAR had one … crazy world).
45 minutes the man said.
It took THREE HOURS and 45 five minutes.
So I had time to do a lot of thinking. And I did. It was good three hours +. I had brought Ann’s book with me.
So, real life living NOW thinking.
And it worked. I was content with my waiting.

Until my stomach told me that lunch was long time overdue, and I went up to the desk and asked, politely, when I could expect the car to be ready. “Oh, it is ready. The lads left the key here before they went to lunch.”

Ok, so I told the man what I thought of this. And no, I wasn’t rude.

I still have a lot to learn though!


"An unhurried sense of time is in itself a form of wealth".


Continuing my Eὐχαριστέω


70 … Lazy Sundays … Life’s parentheses
71 … Rain pouring down in the dark outside whilst I’m snuggled up, all warm and cozy in the sofa
72 … Not being able to attend the course I applied for(and got in to) due to work schedule and relieving me from making the decision.
73 … REALY cold milk and biscuits
74 … When eyes start to close watching TV … and I have a bed to go to
75 … The morning chill promising autumn
76 … The every-day trot – telling us everything is ok
77 …coming home to the everyday live – love that holds, that knows, that cares
78 … Majestic, enormous, fluffy clouds making shapes for my imagination
79 … Wise young people giving hope for the future
80 … Parents being there for their children, no matter what
81 … Shared quiet time with strangers. Waiting. Smiling.
82 … the crisp solitude of the early morning
83 …New wallpaper – making everything fresh
84 … Homemade apple pie – made from apples in our own tree
85 … Custard – smooth and sweet-smelling
86 … dozing, daydreaming

87 … Worried parent calling to check for facts – bothering to look for answers




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar