fredag 6 januari 2012

Five Minute Friday: Roar


“We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. 
God is the friend of silence. 
See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, 
the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... 
We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
 Mother Teresa


On the cliffs, by the sea, I can hear the ocean roar. 
It is the kind of roar that quiets my soul.

Quiet my soul and listen!

Deep inside there is a whisper






5 kommentarer:

  1. I love the Mother Theresa quote. And this is so true, I need to quiet myself down to hear the voice of God.

    SvaraRadera
  2. wonderful reminder here, thank you!

    SvaraRadera
  3. I see we both found the roar of silence/quiet...just in different places. love it!

    SvaraRadera
  4. This just made me think of "Be still and know that I am God" It's so beautiful that out of the "roar" comes the still and the quiet and the power and majesty of the Lord. Thanks for your beautiful words

    SvaraRadera
  5. I love your line about it being the kind of roar that quiets your soul. My mother loves to be near the ocean, especially rocky coastlines. I see that in her as well--the way it quiets her soul. Hearing that still, small voice is so worth quieting the soul. Blessings.

    SvaraRadera