fredag 13 april 2012

Five Minute Friday: Good-Bye



When we talk about Goodbyes, we usually talk about the Goodbyes that hurt. But there are other Goodbyes!

There are the good riddance Goodbyes. They usually involve not saying Goodbye at all oddly enough.

And the Goodbyes that just are … ok! Totally fine!

Oh, and there are ones you’ve been longing for to finally happen! Sad, but true!

There are sweet Goodbyes, coz "I’ll see u soon and we’ll never really be apart" … This is the kind of goodbyes stories are written about and dreams are made off!



Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.” 
― J.R.R. Tolkien, Gandalf in The Return of the King



We set a timer, throw caution to the winds and try to remember 
what it was like to just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.





4 kommentarer:

  1. What a great reminder. I just kissed my husband good-bye for the day and didn't even think to mention that kind of good-bye in my post. There are so many kinds of good-byes. I love the Tolkien quote, too.

    SvaraRadera
  2. True. Good byes are sometimes good...like a house guest who has stayed too long or the sweetness of good byes at the end of the school year. Love the picture and the quote.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Love that photo and quote and you are right about all the ways we say goodbye. They aren't all bad.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Love your post. My hardest good-bye was when i got married to a man in the military. OUr first duty station was Germany. I had never been that far from my family. I can still feel the pull at my heart. Thanks for sharing.

    SvaraRadera